Tuesday, October 22, 2002

"I've learned.... that I can't choose how I feel, but I can
choose what I do about it" - Andy Rooney

I have no idea who Andy Rooney is but these words are so true. Lately I've been the most depressed I've ever felt in my life and it drove me crazy. I really can't choose how I feel because the heart does not always listen to what the brain says. I can choose how to raect to it though. I know, I haven't been the most mature person about it. Hmm...the first step of recovery is realizing you have a problem, non? I can make myself happy.

"I've learned.... that life is tough, but I'm tougher" - Andy Rooney.

I can persevere through any hardships life throws at me and come out the other side a stronger and better person. I have strength to do whatever I choose to if I truly put my mind to doing it. Tailz actually requested to talk to me today (hmm....conspiracy??). I'm hoping this indicates he doesn't still feel the way he did before?

"I've learned.... that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold
and a heart to understand" - Andy Rooney

I may not always show it but I'm so grateful for all the friends that I have. I cannot ask for a truer bunch of people. They are always there for me, even when I may not always be there for them. It doesn't matter how much or how little we may see each other, it's the feeling that's there that really counts.

"I've learned.... that it's those small daily happenings that make
life so spectacular" - Andy Rooney.

It's the little things that count. But having the big things once and a while doesn't hurt. Teehee.

For the longest time, I've been subscribed to an e-mail mailing list of inspirational writings. It's called Aiken Drum. I haven't really looked at one of these for a long time until today. Why I did? I don't know but I sure like all these little quotes. There are a lot more but I'm not gonna put them all here. It'll make my blog too long! There are so many things in life that you don't really appreciate. You know they are there at the back of your mind but sometimes, the significance of it doesn't really sink in until you see it written or hear it from someone else.

English, english, english. Finished my cahier, personal writing, and Besieged revision. Amadues notes are going great (I hope),and got my book club book today, (called The Stone Angel). I'm going to not stress myself out over this. I think I'm actually doing a great job of pacing myself.

Poor dumcat, he won't be here for Twin Day! I mean, all those comments of you and Pita looking alike are all going to waste if you can't even participate in Twin Day! Actually, I think you and your friend, Kerry (Keri? Kery? Carrie? Carry? Cary?) look more alike but he doesn't go to this school so oh well! Well, we'll have fun (staying overnight) at the farm, won't we? You can sleep with the sheep, I'll stay with the....chickens?


Off I fly to Dreamland where I'll be playing in fields of daisies with puppies roaming around my feet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home